Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Techies!!!

Klaus Rothe, my technical advisor, and I, the dumb Dell PC guy, have started our annual but late search for the best and/or cheapest way for internet connection for the RAAM tent Tuesday June 15 to Saturday June 19.
Two years ago, we had hit and skip wi-fi reception thru PC Max by accident, and last year we had wi-fi reception from 8 to 8 thru the College Mall. This year Klaus even has me talked into buying an Ipad for the event, but alas, no wi-fi at 8:30pm in front of the CVS.
He has mentioned that the best option is Mi-Fi but it is quite expensive for poor little me [unless BBC would flip the bill]. A phone card - 3g ubs port would be great to use but I don't have one and I don't have a laptop.
I asked Sprint and Verizon for assistance last year and was denied, but Klaus will try to strike a deal this week, but I'm not expecting any cooperation there.
Klaus would love to have any kind of brainstorms in this matter so we can serve the tent and crews and riders with RAAM info 24/7.

Thanks for any help out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment